For at least 3000 years, massage has been recognised as a powerful form of healing. Early physicians understood the therapeutic advantages of this practice and applied it to treat ailments such as fatigue, illness, and injuries.
In modern times, studies have unveiled the impressive health benefits of massage therapy.
Not only does massage promote relaxation, but it can also increase:
- muscle tone
- range of motion,
- improve posture.
Circulatory function and immune system functioning can be enhanced due to improved blood flow and an increase in white blood cells, respectively. In addition, stress-induced cortisol production can be decreased, while pain, depression, and anxiety can be reduced, creating a heightened sense of wellbeing.
Sports massage isn't just for people who do sport.
The focus of sports massage is: -
- on areas of the body that are overused and stressed from repetitive and often aggressive movements. All treatments are tailored to the individual’s needs; so specific areas can be concentrated on. Keeping you active, is our goal
- realigning muscle fibers to help decrease pain and enhance performance
- manipulation of muscles/tendons/ligaments in a way to stretch fibers, decrease scar tissue from previous injuries, increase flexibility, release built up tension and promote excellent blood flow giving a much shorter recovery time than just resting.
Choose sports massage if:
- your muscles are under stress through an active lifestyle whether that be from a weekend run or from playing sport professionally
- Regular massage should be seen as a maintenance program, as it can help keep injuries at bay, ensuring training continues as planned and enhancing sporting activity.