Massage as a form of healing has been known for at least 3000 years with ancient physicians using the therapy effectively in treating fatigue, illness and injury.
Science is finally catching up with the perceptive understandings of these ancient civilisations in realising that the therapeutic benefits of massage expand way farther than the ‘feel good factor’.
Recent Studies show that massage is good for:
- increased flexibility
- increased muscle tone
- better posture
- increased range of motion
- increased blood circulation
- a stronger immune system through a rise in the white blood cell count
- reduced stress due to a decreased production of cortisol
- less pain, depression and anxiety,
- overall greater sense of wellbeing.
Not just for people who do sport.
The focus of sports massage is: -
- on areas of the body that are overused and stressed from repetitive and often aggressive movements. All treatments are tailored to the individual’s needs; so specific areas can be concentrated on. Keeping you active, is our goal
- realigning muscle fibres to help decrease pain and enhance performance
- manipulation of muscles/tendons/ligaments in a way to stretch fibres, decrease scar tissue from previous injuries, increase flexibility, release built up tension and promote excellent blood flow giving a much shorter recovery time than just resting.
Choose sports massage if:
- your muscles are under stress through an active lifestyle whether that be from a weekend run or from playing sport professionally
- Regular massage should be seen as a maintenance program, as it can help keep injuries at bay, ensuring training continues as planned and enhancing sporting activity.
30 min £35
45 min £40
60 min £45