This technique incorporates the use of hot stones within the massage.
The heat from the stones helps to warm the muscles and release the tension. The stones are used to give a deep massage.
Warm stones have been used as a therapeutic tool for massage for centuries with evidence dating back to ancient Egypt, China, Japan, South America and Australia.
The effects and potential benefits of hot stones include:
- heat penetrates to a much deeper level than finger pressure, reaching around 7cm into tissues. This brings about physiological changes as well as improving energy flow;
- improves blood circulation & lymphatic drainage;
- promotes the release & elimination of toxins;
- boosts immunity and the lymphatic function;
- relieves tension in connective tissues;
- reduces muscular tension which will help muscles to relax and repair more efficiently;
- it is warming, deeply relaxing & soothing helping to melt away any tension or anxiety;
- helps to bring about a balance of body as well as mind.
Hot Stone Massage is not for you if:
- You have a viral or bacterial infection
- You have a contagious or infectious skin disease to treatment area
- You have Diabetes (due to peripheral neuropathy – lack of sensation and feeling)
- You have Varicose veins
- You have a fever