Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist
I undoach aerstand that sometimes life can be challenging and at such times it can be hard to work things out alone. Whatever difficulties in your life which have led you to seek therapy, I can offer a comfortable, safe and confidential environment to freely discuss, explore and find solutions utilising a Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapeutic approach (CBT). Working collaboratively and at your own pace, CBT can find ways to enable you to move forwards with your life in a direction that is right for you. On your journey to well-being, CBT will teach you new techniques and build on existing skills to help you overcome obstacles that life can throw your way. Depending on your availability and the appropriate intervention tailored to your needs, we may meet weekly or fortnightly, also setting out of session work for you to try at home.
I began working within the NHS in Mental Health Services over 12 years ago after completing an undergraduate Psychology Degree (BSc Psychology (Hons)). I qualified as a CBT therapist in 2011 and became fully accredited by the BABCP in 2013. Throughout my career in the NHS I have worked in a variety of settings, including individual and group therapy services. I have trained in a number of evidence based treatments and can therefore tailor the interventions offered to your needs and what you would like to achieve from therapy. Alongside the fundamental difficulties CBT was developed for such as Anxiety, Depression, Stress, Panic, Phobias, Poor Self-Confidence, Sleep, OCD and others, the specialist areas I am also trained in which also take on a CBT Apprre:
- Compassion Focussed Therapy; for people who struggle with high shame and self-criticism.
- Social Problem Solving; utilising a problem solving method to improve decision making, finding solutions to life’s problems and building a self-efficacy.
- Imagery Re-scripting and Reprocessing Therapy; for childhood trauma and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing Therapy; also for Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, Anxiety and Phobias.
Anxiety; Phobias; Social Anxiety; Low Self-Esteem; Motivation; Low Mood; Depression; Interpersonal Effectiveness; Confidence and Assertiveness Training; Generalised Anxiety Disorder; Obsessive Compulsive Disorder; Trauma; Abuse; Insomnia and Sleep; Stress; Worry; Compassion Focussed Therapy; Social Problem Solving Therapy; EMDR; Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing; Imagery Re-scripting and Reprocessing Therapy (IRRT); Applied Relaxation, Behaviour Therapy, Behavioural Activation, CBT with Exposure and Response Prevention, Trauma focussed CBT.
This list is not exhaustive, please contact me for further information.
A website can only get across so much information, so if you’d like to seek further information, please do not hesitate to call or email.
- BSc Psychology (Hons) University of Derby 2004
- Post Graduate Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy (IAPT) University of Derby 2011
- Eye Movement and Desensitisation and Reprocessing EMDR Workshops 2013
- Imagery Rescripting & Reprocessing Therapy Integrative Cognitive Solutions Ltd 2012
- Compassion Focussed Therapy The Compassionate Mind Foundation 2008
Affiliations / memberships of Professional Bodies
- BABCP Full Accreditation (British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies)
- Should you have Health Insurance, I also work for Bupa and Axa. http://finder.bupa.co.uk/go/ms_naomi_corten